The following contract is made on the basis of friendly cooperation between both parties.
1. (Employer)______________________________, hereinafter referred to as (Employer______________, invites ___(Employee__________________
to take up service as a full-time teacher.
2. This contract shall enter into force upon signature of both parties and
receipt by (Employer).
3. Term of contract, this contract shall, unless otherwise cancelled or amended, commence on
/ / and terminate on / / . Where either party does not wish to extend this contract it shall terminate by natural process
on the date of termination above.
4. Contract extension, where both parties are satisfied at the end of this contract,
an extension of contract may be offered for a specified term. In the case of any extension, (Employer) will give written notice
to the employee ___ days prior to the termination date. Where an extension agreement is reached, it shall form part of this
contract and extend contract validity for the period stated in that agreement.
5. Probation, the employee shall initially
accept ___ weeks teaching on probation. Where the school and students are satisfied with the employee’s teaching, the
contract will become fully effective. Where probationary performance is unsatisfactory the employee will be given an opportunity
to adjust teaching to meet expectations. Where performance remains unsatisfactory at the end of the probationary period this
contract may be cancelled at the discretion of (Employer).
6. Documentation, (Employer) shall arrange all documents
for the employee’s legal work in ________ once this contract comes into force.
7. Disputes arising from the execution
of, or in connection with this contract, shall be settled through mutual agreement. Where settlement cannot be mutually agreed,
the matter will be arbitrated by ________________________ who shall have the final say.
8. Conditions of employment,
the employee shall abide by the laws, decrees and acts of the (country/location) and any relevant regulations of the employer,
they shall respect the (country/location) religious policy, and moral standards and customs. (Employer) shall provide the
employee with appropriate information regarding these matters prior to or on arrival in (country/location).
duties of the employee include the provision of oral, listening and written English lessons to designated students, to provide
information on western culture, to assist and advise other teachers with teaching methodologies, and to provide advice for
students through after-class activities.
10. Working hours shall be ___ classes per calendar week, Monday to Friday.
Location of employment, the employee shall accept employment at a location assigned by (Employer).
12. On signing this
contract the employee agrees to work in one of the schools arranged by (Employer) for at least one full semester. Relocation
to another school after this time will be at the discretion of (Employer).
13. Salary, (Employer) will pay the employee
_______ per month. The payday will be the last day of the month except summer or winter holiday. (Employer) will pay the employee
the salary for summer or winter holiday together with the salary of the first month of the following term. The first and/or
last month’s salary will be prorated according to the number of days worked for that month.
14. Overtime payment,
where the employee is required to work more than ____ classes per calendar week they shall be paid _______ for each additional
15. Free local language lessons, the employee is to attend local language lessons in the school.
Free accommodation shall include a 1-2 bedroom apartment, Kitchen, toilet, hot shower, telephone, microwave oven, television,
refrigerator, washing machine and air-conditioner.
17. Services, the connection of water, electricity, gas, telephone
shall be the responsibility of (Employer). Ongoing fees and charges for usage of water, electricity, gas, telephone and internet
are the responsibility of the employee.
18. Meals, the school will provide free breakfast and lunch Monday to Friday.
Insurance, (Employer) shall provide medical and accident insurance during the term of this contract.
(Employer) shall pay a subsidy of _______ at the successful completion of the first term and _______ at the successful completion
of the initial contract.
21. Holidays, the employee shall be entitled to the same public and school holidays as other
teachers at the allocate school or college. And the employee is required to teach extra lessons, assigned by (Employer) during
summer or winter holiday for extra pay.
22. Local travel subsidy, (Employer) shall pay the employee _______ per semester
as a local travel subsidy in addition to normal salary.
23. Sick leave, the employee is entitled to 12 days paid sick leave per academic year. The employee must provide medical
certificate from a doctor or hospital covering any period of sickness/injury. Where a doctor’s diagnosis indicates that
the employee is unlikely to resume normal duties after 3 continuous months sick leave, (Employer) shall reserve the right
to terminate the contract. In this case, the cost of the airfare to the employees original point of departure shall be the
responsibility of (Employer).
24. The employee is not allowed to work in any other places without (Employers) permission.
If the employee does so, (Employer) shall reserve the right to cancel the employee’s legal work permission and legal
25. Termination of contract, neither party may terminate this contract without “proper
reason”. Where termination is unavoidable, the employee or employer shall provide written notice to the other party
stating the precise reason(s) for termination. Where such notice is not accepted or disputed the contract shall continue until
arbitration can be arranged. Where work does not continue in accordance with this contract or by mutual agreement, the employee’s
salary, accommodation, Employment Certificate and other legal documents for work and stay in _________________ may be rescinded
at the discretion of (Employer).
26. Where either part terminates this contract after commencement and prior to the
expiry date stipulated, without “proper reason”, it must pa a breach penalty of _______.
27. Should the
employee wish to terminate this contract before the expiry date stipulated without “proper reason” the employee
shall be responsible for their own departure airfare as well as the breach penalty stated above.
28. Should (Employer)
wish to terminate this contract before the expiry date stipulated without “proper reason”, (Employer) will be
responsible for any outstanding salary and allowance due to the employee as well as the employee’s departure air fare
back to the point of original departure and the breach penalty stated above.
29. Performance management, the employee
shall complete allocated tasks on time and guarantee the quality of their work. After 30 days probation, if the employee violates
the rules of the school and (Employee) or if there are such situations: intemperance, absenteeism, teaching after drinking
a formal warning in writing will occur within 7 days of the breach. After 3 such formal warnings (Employer) reserves the right
to terminate this contract.
Signature of Employee:________________________________ Date: / /
Signature of Employer:________________________________ Date: / /